Celebrating Volunteers Week 2020
Click here to find out how NHS Grampian is celebrating Volunteers Week 2020.
We would like to say a huge ‘THANK YOU’ for all of the generous offers of help and for the kind words of support and encouragement we have received from people and local businesses in Grampian over the last few weeks, which have totalled over 1,200 heartfelt offers, including:
- 667 members of the public have offered to volunteer, the majority stating they were willing to do anything at all to help.
- 386 local businesses offered transportation, accommodation, logistical and practical help.
- 151 donations were made to benefit our staff, including toiletries, pillows, duvets, food, monetary donations, staff discounts and priority shopping.
Due to these kind offers we have been able to:
- Recruit 138 people into temporary or longer term paid employment.
- Recruit 50 people into volunteer roles.
- Sign up 73 people to become NHS Grampian volunteers if needed.
- Deliver over 550 ‘comfort boxes’ to staff containing donated goods and kind messages of support from the public.
All of these kind gestures, no matter how big or small, have been not only helpful in a very practical way, but also helped staff to feel valued, inspired and supported all thanks to your kindness and generosity.
We would also like to acknowledge and give thanks to everyone who kindly offered support but which we have either not yet needed this help, or been able to accept their offer of help due to health and safety reasons.
For all of the support people have shown throughout lockdown, for the rainbows in windows, for the Thursday evening clapping, for the social media posts of thanks and solidarity, it has been truly humbling and appreciated by everyone working at NHS Grampian.
But most of all, everyone at NHS Grampian would like to thank you, the public for following government guidelines, for staying at home, maintaining social distancing, for protecting the NHS, and saving lives. Because of this, NHS Grampian has been able to cope with the challenges Covid-19 has so far presented, which is something we should all be proud of.
Once again, we would very much like to thank everyone in Grampian for the support and generous contributions you have made, and together we look forward to better times ahead. In the weeks to come, there may be more ways you can continue to help and get involved with NHS Grampian, so please keep an eye on our Covid-19 Webpage to keep up to date with what’s going on and what we are up to
Best wishes to you all and we hope you all stay safe and well!